When you want a quick, delicious energy-boosting snack, these Pecan Pie Collagen Energy Balls fit the bill. They taste like that first bite of Thanksgiving pecan pie, but without the refined sugar and flour that leave you ready for a nap. Here at Body Kitchen, we believe in real food ingredients, ones that provide sustained energy and nutrients without the crash.
Energy balls, made with dried fruit and nuts, are an exciting way to include Body Kitchen Collagen in your diet. Original Body Boost is one refined collagen powder that adds healthy protein without altering the recipe’s flavor, blending perfectly in the baking-process.
Feeling creative? Take this recipe as a template and experiment with different flavor combinations, spices or add additional ingredients like chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 energy balls
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 10 dates)
- 1 ¼ cup pecans
- 2 scoops Original Body Boost
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade and process until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Roll the date pecan mixture into balls, about 1.5 inches in diameter each. Store the energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition facts (1 energy ball): 210 calories, 5 grams protein, 12 grams fat, 25 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber