As the chill enters the air and the kids are back in school, are you catching every cold that comes around? Spice up this fall with a delicious, creamy beverage recipe that shows your immune system some extra love.
Spices like turmeric, ginger and cinnamon are not only warming for the body, but medicinal as well. Turmeric is one of the most anti-inflammatory foods on the planet and plays many other roles in enhancing the body’s natural immune response, including increasing antibody production.
This turmeric latte is the perfect delivery for collagen protein. Body Kitchen uses a refined Di-Peptide powder that blends perfectly without clumping or altering flavor in any way. Among its many benefits, collagen supports gut health, which is where most of the immune system resides.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk (or substitute organic whole milk)
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 soft Medjool date (or substitute ½ teaspoon honey or maple syrup)
- 2 scoops Body Kitchen Original Body Boost Collagen
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamom
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Heat until warmed through and just steaming, but not yet boiling.
- Pour in your favorite mug and enjoy!
Nutrition facts (1 serving): 375 calories, 22 grams protein, 22 grams fat, 28 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber