This nourishing spin on a hot toddy will have you ready to cozy up by the fireplace with a good book or a good friend. Hot toddies, typically made with whiskey, are a folk remedy for colds and congestion. Our mocktail version, combines the immune power of vitamin C and elderberry with tea, spices and honey delivered in a piping hot beverage. Drink when you are under the weather or any time you crave a little comfort.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- 10 oz boiling water
- 1 black tea bag (or substitute rooibos for caffeine-free)
- 1 capsule Body Kitchen Vitamin C SHIELD
- 1 capsule Body Kitchen Nordic-Elder SHIELD
- ½ teaspoon honey, or to taste
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place the tea bag in your favorite mug, pour in the boiling water, cover (with a saucer or plate) and let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and the tea bag. Open the capsules of Vitamin C SHIELD and Nordic-Elder SHIELD and stir the contents into the tea until dissolved. Stir in honey.
- Push the whole cloves into the lemon slice and float in the tea. Add a cinnamon stick and stir.
- Sip and enjoy!
Tip: When you are finished, rinse the cinnamon stick, allow to dry and reuse in your next mock toddy.
Nutrition facts (1 serving): 16 calories, 0 grams protein, 0 grams fat, 4 grams carbohydrate, 0 grams fiber